What a strange spring we’ve had! Most of us are still self-isolating at home in an effort to avoid COVID-19, which means two things: we’re stressed, and we’re stress-eating!
It also means that our businesses, our projects, our goals—basically, our lives—have been put on hold…and my book is no exception. The publisher for Modern Cast Iron has decided to push the publication date from April to August, which I think is a wise move. If you’ve already preordered your book, you’ll receive it in August (and I apologize for the delay!). If not, you can still preorder the book wherever books are sold. If you live in the Tallahassee area, though, please plan to join me for the official book launch in August (date TBD), where you’ll be able to purchase a signed copy of the book, participate in cooking demos, and more. Stay tuned here for more info.
So, back to that stress-eating…. If you’re like me, you’re cooking up a storm! Which means you need your cast-iron pan and Dutch oven in tip-top shape. Awhile back, I asked you to submit your burning cast-iron questions, and I got a few on the proper way to clean and season cast iron. I don’t you to have to wait until August to find out how to care for your pan, so here’s a short video featuring the top ten questions I received from viewers. First, here are the questions:
1. Is cooking on cast iron better for your health than using other cookware?
2. Why do chefs love cast iron so much?
3. Is cast iron just for chefs?
4. Can modern-day cast iron be used over an open fire for outdoor/camp cooking?
5. What tools do I need to get started cooking with cast iron?
6. How do I clean a cast-iron pan?
7. What is seasoning?
8. How do I season my cast-iron pan?
9. What kind of oil should I use to season my pan?
10. Is it okay to cook chili or other acidic, tomato-based dishes in cast iron?
Now click here to watch the short video:
If you have a new question, please leave it in the comments and I’ll respond shortly. If you find the video helpful, please consider subscribing to my “Modern Cast Iron” Playlist on my YouTube channel and share the video with your friends.
Thanks, and happy cooking!
Pin it for Later: