I recently sat down with Isaac Morton, founder of Smithey Ironware Company. They’ve been around since 2015, so you’ve probably seen their pans with the distinctive quail logo and coppery-bronze color in your favorite kitchen store.
Here are some of the topics we covered in the interview:
* Isaac’s background and how he came to start a cast-iron manufacturing company
* Why people think cast iron is regional
* The vintage pans that helped determine the style of Smithey pans
* What makes Smithey cast iron so special
* What’s involved in making the smooth interior of Smithey cast iron
* Smithey’s griddles double as what?!
* What’s next for Smithey
Check out the interview here for this unique insight into a modern cast-iron manufacturer:
Pin it for Later