FINEX is one of the most well-known modern brands of cast-iron cookware. With its stunning octagonal shape and spring-coiled handle, it’s also the most recognizable.
In the following interview, I speak with Michael Griffin, Brand Director for FINEX. Check out this video to learn:
- – The history of FINEX.
– Why FINEX pans have an octagonal shape (Min 4).
– Why FINEX has a unique stainless steel coil handle and how it’s made (Min 11).
– How FINEX came to be acquired by Lodge Cast Iron and Lodge’s current role in the production process (Min 13:30).
– Why FINEX machines smooth the cooking surface but leaves the inside rim “pebble smooth.”
– Stats: the weight and price of FINEX vs. other brands (Min 25)
– The meaning of the name “FINEX” (Min 27).
– Where to find FINEX cast iron (Min 29).
Skillethead Interview with Borough Furnace
Skillethead Interview with Marquette Castings
Skillethead Interview with Stargazer Cast Iron
Skillethead Interview with Smithey Ironware Co.
Pin it for Later